Christmas Beauty First Impressions

I was a very lucky girl this Christmas and received many lovely gifts from my friends and family. I didn't want to do a full 'What I got for christmas' post but I thought I would show you some of the beauty products that I received. Now I have been using them for around 10 days I thought I could give you a quick review on my first impressions of the products. 

One of the main beauty gift sets that I asked my family for was the Benefit Get Your Party On Set which I thought was such good value considering you got four full sized best-selling products. The set includes the following: They're Real Mascara, High Beam Highlighter, Hoola Bronzer and Gimmie Brow. All of these products are ones that I have been on my wishlist for a long time and whilst I used to use the travel size versions of the They're Real Mascara, I hadn't tried any of the other. So far I am incredibly impressed by all of these products. I had forgotten how good the They're Real mascara was - I am definitely a Benefit girl when it comes to mascara! The High Beam is absolutely beautiful and I use it on the tops of my cheeks and under my brows. Talking of brows, I am really impressed by the Gimmie Brow. At first I was worried that it was going to be too dark but after using for a couple of days I soon fell in love with how my brows were looking. It definitely works best when my hair is down as my brows really help to frame my face. The final product in this gift set is the Hoola Bronzer. It seems as though every blogger has used this bronzer and I can see why. Even with my really pale complexion, it never looks muddy or too dark, it just works perfectly! 

My sister bought me (with some hints from me!!) the Real Techniques Duo Fibre brush collection which is just the additions that I needed to my brush collection. I am so happy with all of these brushes because I realised that most of my brushes were very dense and applied a lot of products whereas these new brushes are perfect for blending of applying light amounts of powder. I used the duo fibre face brush ( the larger one) for either setting my powder or applying blush; the duo fibre contour brush is amazing for contour because it is not as dense as the gold handled so I feel like my contour looks much more natural with this brush. The smallest brush which is the duo fibre eye brush is amazing for blending eyeshadows for a smokey eye. Also I just want to apologise for my dirty brushes in the photo, I didn't have time to wash them! 

Tarte is a brand often raved about by bloggers however the only place you can get it in the UK is on QVC. My mum gave this palette to my for Christmas however she bought it months ago in a Todays Special Value on QVC so I have known I was getting this for a long time and it was killing me! The Tarte Amazonian Clay Tartelette Palette is made up entirely on matte shades which are so pigmented and buttery. There is a good range of shades from really natural ones, pinks and purples and also a great dark matte black. Another gift from Tarte is a set of lip glosses. The gift it's self came with three of these little boxes which we shared between my mum, sister and myself. Theses are not the exact shades that came in the rose gold box however these lip glosses are incredible and I love how some of them are bolder but some are the perfect nude shades. 

Finally I reviewed a little stocking filler containing the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and Perfect Eyes Waterproof Liner in Perfect Black. I haven't used the mascara yet because I opened the Benefit one but the eyeliner is one of the best I have ever used. It feels incredibly creamy and gel like which makes it apply smoothly and the colour is a really strong black that lasts all day! 

What beauty products did you find under the tree this year?

MissBeccaBeauty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo