Things I've Learnt Since Having My Own Business

In January of this year I decided to set up a business with my best friend called L&B Bakes. If you have read my blog since the beginning then you will know that I love baking and have done some recipe posts over the years. In my local area there is a programme called Alternative Markets which gives young people the opportunity to work on market stalls (for free!) selling and promoting their products. We have done 4 markets now and also catered for an Afternoon Tea party and I have learnt loads about the world of work and having a business.

1. Working is HARD. There are days when I am on my feet baking from 9am to 9pm.
2. Team work is essential. I couldn't do any markets without my partner because we need to reply on each other in order to get everything done.
3. You need to be prepared to compromise. I've learnt that you can't always have everything the way you want it and when you are working in a partnership you need to listen to the other person and take on board their opinion.
4. Although it can be awkward, it is important to put yourself out there and make conversation with strangers. If people are approaching your stall you need to say hello and talk to them otherwise they could walk away.
5. Money doesn't grow on trees. I have had to work my but off to earn a substantial amount of money selling our homemade goods at markets which has made me value the worth of money and appreciate it more.

If you are on Facebook I would really appreciate you going and having a look at our page as maybe giving it a like (click here)!  

- MissBeccaBeauty xo

7 comments:

  1. It all looks so delicious! Well done on setting up your own business, it takes a lot of guts to do something a bit different and follow what you love. Wish I lived near you so I could buy some! xx

    RebeccaClaire'sBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a bit risky but I'm so glad I took the plunge! xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this post and congratulations on your success! Thanks for sending your link over in the twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed the chat the other night xx

      Delete
  3. That is so mean. How could you say something like this to such an amazing person and she is not a "bitch". Though I may not have ever met her in real life, every time I have visited her blog she has seemed so wonderful and sophisticated and she obviously has a life unlike you as she doesn't go around on other's blog posting hate, so don't say such shit about such a beautiful girl. Also, first thing you need to go and learn to do is respect girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come back when you have a name and face. Until then, shush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet...:)
    http://zoomlabakalim.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo