The Valentines Edit


Personally I am not a huge fan of red, even at Valentines, so I prefer to wear pinks as it is more completing on my skin tone. This Valentines I will be spending it with family and then binge watching Pretty Little Liars with my boyfriend Mr Popcorn! Anyway, here is the makeup I would wear for a date or going out with my friends.
 
NATURAL AND FLUSHED//  To achieve a natural base I have been using my L'Oreal True Match foundation as it is the perfect colour match for me and gives me a great coverage without looking like I have lots of foundation on. The best way to look like your have naturally flushed cheeks is to wear a cream blush as they can be really blended into your cheeks. My favourite cream blush is Topshops cream blush in Afternoon Tea. This looks quite bright in the pot but once blended out it looks nice and natural.
 
ROSY AND VIOLET// When it comes to eye shadow I am a big fan of bronze smoky eyes but recently I have found a nice alternative that is still neutral but a bit softer and more girly. My Naked 1 palette has got a lot of love over the past few weeks and the three shades I have pairing together are Sin, Toasted and Hustle. I start by applying Toasted, a rose toned taupe, all over my lid then taking a light amount of Hustle, a darker purple shimmer, on a fluffy brush and blending it into the crease of my eye to add definition. Finally I use my finger to apply Sin on the inner half of my eye which brightens up my eyes completely and ties the whole look together. Sometimes I will take Hustle on a small brush underneath my lash line to make the look more dramatic for an evening.
 
SOFT AND CURLED// On a regular basis I will wear black liquid liner but MACs eyeliner in brown is a softer alternative for complementing a rosy eye makeup look. It also avoids there being any really harsh lines of black on your face from the liquid liner. Sometimes I will do a really precise thin line but I like to wear this best smudged out on my upper lash line. My latest mascara love is the new Benefit Roller Lash, I did a first impressions post here the other day and I would urge you to and buy this months ELLE as this is the free gift and it is only £4! This mascara is very lengthening and can be worn naturally with one coat or dramatically with two coats.
 
PINK LIPS AND NAILS// If I had to pick between red lipstick and pink it would be pink all the way. I find it so much more comfortable to wear and I never feel like 'me' when wearing a red lipstick. My perfect pink nude at the moment is the L'Oreal Color Riche in Julianne's Nude. It is a pink toned nude that is very flattering for my pale skin tone as well as being moisturising and comfortable to wear. As for my nails I have had Nails Inc. Sloane Street on them for ages and I think it a great girly pink colour without verging on 'barbie' nails. Like all Nails Inc. polishes the formula is great and lasts for 3-4 days on my nails.

What are your plan for Valentines day? Will you be dressing up or staying in like me?

MissBeccaBeauty xo

 

6 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love the Loreal True Match x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't picked up that foundation, i just need to do it!
    Love Vicki <3 victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely foundation for everyday!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo