Keeping Your Blog Organised

Over the years I have learnt the hard way that blogging is a time consuming hobby that requires a lot of time and energy. As a result I have found some useful ways that help to keep me and my blog organised.

PLAN PLAN AND PLAN SOME MORE//  I find planning helps me the most because it means I know exactly what I am going to write about when I sit down at my laptop. If not, I often get frustrated by not know what to write and this has lead to bloggers block before. At the moment I have all of my posts planned up until the end of January with one or two spaces for spur of the moment posts. To plan my posts I like to use Google Calendar. I have mentioned this before and will do a full post on it if you like, but Google Calendar is linked in with you Google Account that you have for Blogger. It allows to you colour co-ordinate events in each day ( e.g. beauty, lifestyle) and you can drag and drop these events in different boxes if you change the day you want a certain post to go live.
 
WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN// Often I find that I will be in the car or just about to drift off to sleep when I suddenly come up with a great post idea. I don't want to lose of forge these ideas so I like to have something to hand to write these down.Whether it is in a notebook or on the 'notes' page on you iPhone, make sure it gets written down. Writing ideas down means that you always have a bank of posts stored somewhere where you can draw inspiration from when you have no idea what to write about.
 
SCHEDULE// I always schedule posts because I like to know they have definitely gone live. Knowing me I could think they have gone live but really I have forgotten to publish it that morning. It is safest to schedule. Especially if you only blog part time, it makes blogging a lot easier and less stressful. When I am at school I can't check to see if my post has gone live, so scheduling means I am certain it will be up on my blog.
 
WHEN YOU HAVE THE MOJO... BLOG// Some days I feel super motivated and inspired to blog, so on those days I like to sit down at my laptop and get a shed load of content written and scheduled. It means I can stay on top of my posts and then it's okay if I don't have time (or don't want to!) to blog for a few days because I have lots of content written up. Usually I write the most at the weekends because I have more time than on an evening during the week. Plus I usually feel more refreshed on Sunday morning than Thursday evening.

KEEP TALKING THOSE PHOTOS// When the lighting is just right and your have your background all set up then take as many photos as you can. Taking photos in bulk makes your life so much easier as when you want to sit down and write you already have the photos ready to go. I appreciate this Winter light is awful but at the weekend I would recommend taking all the photos you need for the week.

What do you do to keep you and your blog organised?

MissBeccaBeauty xo

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything. Scheduling and planning is very important in blogging. What I do that helps a lot is when I schedule the posts on the calender I put two small boxes ones for picture and one for text. And I tick the boxes according to what I have already prepared for that post. That way I know what I still need for the post.
    www.voguemystash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I usually schedule my posts and definitely agree with the fact that it helps keep everything organised!!
    Katie || www.zzandh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it helps you to keep a track of everything!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo