The Coral Jacket





I am the kind of girl who loves her trusty 'ole' black leather jacket. Lets face it, leather jackets are an absolute staple in most girls wardrobe and mine is no exception. It goes with everything... and when I say everything, I really mean everything. I can wear my black jacket with jeans, pattered shorts, a dress and you can even get away with wearing joggers but that verging slightly on dodgy. Anyway my point is I love my leather jacket and wouldn't be without it.

But this post isn't about my black leather jacket, you have probably guessed by the multiple pictures ( sorry about that, my sister took these and I couldn't decide which I like best; so I included them all!) that I am going to talk about my coral leather jacket. It is a pink coral but nether the less a beautiful colour. There is a story behind this jacket... I bought it for a wedding last summer to match my dress becuase I needed something to put on in case the church was cold and I wasn't sure how reliable the Irish rain would be so I wanted to have a jacket as a back up. I spotted this jacket in the kids section on Matalan and instantly fell in love with it. I haven't been able to wear kids clothes in about three years so I didn't have any hope in it fitting me, but it must have been my lucky day because I found one jacket aged 16 and grabbed it quicker than you could say 'that's mine!'. If i can remember correctly it was around £20 but I don't think you will be able to still find it as I did buy it this time last year. 

I wore this jacket to the wedding and it looked great with my dress and did come in handy as it wasn't the warmest of days. Though after the wedding I hung it up in my wardrobe and it didn't come out again that summer. For a wedding I don't mind wearing bright colours as everyone is very dressed up, but every time I looked in the wardrobe and saw this jacket I thought to myself 'It's too bright... I couldn't pull it off''. But this year I ventured into the unknown and discovered that I love wearing this coral jacket. It brightens up a simple outfit and makes it looks like I have really made an effort. I love how together it makes my outfit seem and I can't believe it took me this long to fall in love with it! 

This type of outfit has to be my favourite this summer. These loose fitting shorts from Matalan are right up my street and I actually have two other pairs of the same style of shorts in different patterns. Comfortable and very cool for summer; I will be wearing this outfit a lot this summer! Here is what I am wearing...

Jacket - Matalan 
Nail Polish - Nails Inc. New York Noir
Bag - Accessories 

Are you wearing any colourful jackets at the moment? I have my eye on a pale pink one so any recommendations would be appreciated. 

MissBeccaBeauty xo

2 comments:

  1. It really is such a fun color! I'm glad you finally pulled it out of your closet again! I am definitely a fellow leather jacket addict as well. Black, beige, and maroon, I could certainly do with some brighter colors like this one though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have fallen in love with bright jackets!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo