Hello June 2014

May overall was a good month for me, I had some lows and quite a few highs. At the start of the month I had a lot of exams to prepare for and on the 14th May I did my first proper GCSE style exam. It was actually a Cambridge nationals qualification but they are counted as the same thing. I was so relieved that my exam was over because leading up to it I spend the whole time with my head buried in my revision books and notes. The weekend after my exam I went to stay at my Aunties house and I had a wonderful time. That was the weekend when it actually felt like summer here; I think it was around 21 degrees. As soon as the sun pops out (even just for the day!) everyone in Britain goes crazy and act like they have never seen sun. The men are the worst, you will be driving around town and see men without shirts when it's only like 20 degrees. Anyway at my aunties house we had a lovely girly weekend, we played in the park all afternoon and watched Britain Got Talent snuggled on the sofa. On the Sunday my Auntie and I went shopping in Harrogate. If you are ever around Harrogate I would highly recommend going shopping there, it is all outside and the streets are cobbled and quaint. It has your standard shops but it is such a relaxing place to go shopping. In particular it has a really nice Primark, slightly on the small side, but the layout is fab and there are loads of changing rooms so you don't have to wait as long. 

Following that was my mums birthday. I made her a Victorian Sandwich cake with Mary Berry's recipe as she does the best cakes ever. Inside I added strawberry jam, fresh cream and chopped up strawberry's with a dusting of icing sugar. Then half term rolled around and I really enjoyed just spending the week chilling and doing nothing other than baking and blogging- the perfect holiday combination. My birthday was on Thursday and I had a great time with my best friend but I will tell you more about that in my birthday post I am doing on Tuesday. 


June is going to be a busy month. In two weeks I will being year 10 as my school does roll-over before the summer holidays and so that will be really strange but I am also really looking forward to being Year 10. This month will be filled with parties, hopefully sunny days and summer BBQs and lots and lots of music rehearsals and the start of summer concert season. The Tour De France is starting in Leeds this year so my family and I are going to and watch. I am not a huge fan of cycling but my dad is and I love bug national events like this!

This month I have some great blog posts planned so keep your eyes peeled for those and like always if you have any post suggestions or anything you would like to seem me do then just let me know in the comments or on twitter.


MissBeccaBeauty xo

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your exams love, im sure you'll do great :)

    Love, Ana

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy late birthday Becca! Haha, I have noticed the men going extreme here in England when we get some heat. Have a fabulous June!

    Lou x
    Bluebird | Beauty and life blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I know it's do funny seeing these men :D xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo