Liz Earle Signature Foundation | Review

 

Hey Peeps,

How has everyone's week been. Mine has been pretty stressful; I got loads of homework and had to do  it all as soon as I got it because as you read this I am in Birmingham at the NEC for a Christmas crafts event. I think I will do a post on it as I will take loads of pictures! I haven't done a foundation review in a long time. The last one I did was for the ever so famous Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (click here if you want to read it).

My mum bought this foundation for herself, but after using this for a while she decided she wanted to try a new foundation so she gave it to me. The packaging is so classy, the bottle is frosted glass and looks expensive. The pump is really nice as it gives you control over the amount of product you use. The coverage is quite lightweight, but still offers enough coverage to hide my spots and redness (yep I just admitted it!). It has the classic foundation smell which isn't great but at the end of the day I don't use this foundation for its smell so it doesn't really bother me.The colour range is quite good, it has 9 shades available so there is something for everyone.

What confuses me about the product is that on your hand it feels really silky, but on the face it has a very powdery feel which I don't particularly like. But I do like the very matte finish it gives. So I am not entirely sure about how I feel with this foundation. The coverage is very sheer and looks more like a matte tinted moisturiser. It is really hard to build it to full coverage so I only wear it on days when my skin is looking quite clear.

Overall I think this is a nice foundation but I don't think it will make it to my top foundations and as it is quite pricey, for a foundations, I don't think I will be repurchasing it as there are more cons than pros. Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it? Let me know in the comments please!  

MissBeccaBeauty xo
 
Where else to find me:


You may also be interested in:

The Daily Smooth Body Butter | Review
The Daily Smooth Body Butter | Review
New CID Eyes, Lips & Cheeks Palette
New CID Eyes, Lips & Cheeks Palette
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
The Fault In Our Stars
The Fault In Our Stars
Mini Haul
Mini Haul
FOTD || Fresh Faced & Wide Awake
FOTD || Fresh Faced & Wide Awake

9 comments:

  1. Ah I don't like powdery feeling foundations - how weird that it feels completely different on your hand?! The bottle looks so pretty and luxe, what a shame! xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its such a shame as the packaging is a total winner! x

      Delete
  2. i've never tried liz earle makeup, which is strange as i have so much of their skincare - its never really appealed to me, but after this i defiantly don't think i'll be trying the foundation - i hate matte/powdery foundations i find them really cakey on my skin!
    becky x

    http://beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their skincare as well, I think their other makeup in the range is good. But this one is so matte and powdery I don't like to use it! And yes it can look cakey as well x

      Delete
  3. I just couldn't get one with this foundation! I found that the colours were really off for me too :( I agree with Gemma, it's a shame as I love the bottle and her amazingggggg cleanser!

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her cleanser is actually a genius invention! The colours are really limited but hopefully her other stuff is good. xx

      Delete
  4. hate matte foundations, they just dont suit my skin! x

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about silky to powder, not a fan personally but i do have dry skin! I wish my mum gave me things like this, woukd be really cool :D lovely review! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo