The Fault In Our Stars









 

 Hey Peeps,

So in my September Favourites, I mentioned how I really enjoyed reading The Fault In Our Starts by John Green. I had heard lots of great reviews about this book and it had been on my 'To Read' list for yonks but never got around to reading it. Anyway I wanted to do a review on it for you today but I promise I will not give too much of the plot away as some of you may w\ant to read it. I am telling you now this story is a tear jerker so you will need a box of tissues beside you!
 
The story starts with a dying girl (Hazel) who meets a really hot boy(Augustus), they fall in teenage love and go on an adventure to Amsterdam together to visit the author Hazels favourite book. They become the best of friends and while it is a das story it is told from such a funny point of view and there is a lot of dry humour which I really enjoy. In a horrible twist of fate, death occurs at the end of the story and I so desperately wanted there to be a happy ending, but it was anything but happy. Here are some of my favourite quotes from the book...
 
  • "That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt"
  • "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations"
  • "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
  • "Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book." 
  • "I'm in love with you," he said quietly.
    "Augustus," I said.
    "I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."
  •  "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices." 
  • "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
 
MissBeccaBeauty xo 
 

 
Where else to find me:


11 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. Such an amazing read.
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is AMAZING, although it is extremely sad.
    Alice x
    missalicethecamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I so wanted there to be a happy ending xx

      Delete
  3. I went to see John Green in Glasgow it was amazing. He read a few parts of the book and then done a signing. You should read Paper Towns, it's my favourite John Green book :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds like an amazing experience!! I will have a look at paper towns as I am wanting to try more of his books. Which others would you recommend??
      xx

      Delete
  4. I want to start reading again, and i quite like the sound of this story. I might have to pop out and see if i can find it. :)

    Your latest follower on Bloglovin' and GFC, Lauren x
    http://laurelbay-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely one of my favourite books! I've read it so many times now and cry every single time haha:) If you haven't already you should read Looking for Alaska x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post I really want this book! It sounds incredible :') x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I really need to start reading more, I've really enjoyed The Hunger Games series but since that's coming to an end I need something new to read. Thanks! :) xx

    Ps. I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award! http://emmabellefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lovely I nominated you for the Libster award. Check out the link.

    Lorilee

    Xxx


    http://lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/libster-award-i-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is honestly one of my favourite books in the world. Nervous about how the movie version of it is going to come out though!

    - Marci | AmourMarci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo